Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Prevent image from resizing when wrapping text in a straight table

I have a straight table that includes a "Status" column that shows a red/yellow/green LED image.  These are the QV supplied images.

One of my other columns contains long descriptions that need to word-wrap.  When I use Properties>Presentation>Multiline Settings>Wrap Cell Text>Cell Height = 2, the image grows.  It doesn't look very pleasing.

Is there a way to keep the image at the same size as it would be if the cell height was 1?  I've tried all of the settings in Expressions>Representation, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks!

4 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sam,

Under the Expression Tab I assume you have the Display Options > Representation set to 'Image' - if so this should display the Image Formatting drop down from where you can select 'No Stretch' or 'Keep Aspect' which are the 2 settings that may assist you.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Matt.  I've tried all of the Image Formating options, and while they each change the image presentation, none will keep it at the original (single row height) size.

I'll keep trying other alternative images and see if they are less obtrusive.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sam,

I am having exactly the same problem of yours. Have you managed to find a solution by any chance?
Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions.

Andrea

Not applicable
Author

Same problem. Following.