Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Preventing a Selection

I have a simple growth rate equation that I'm displaying right now that I would like to limit.  It is expressed as follows:

=num(

( sum( {$<FiscalYear= {$(=Max(FiscalYear))}>} Amount) -  sum( {$<FiscalYear= {$(=Min(FiscalYear))}>} Amount) )

/

( sum( {$<FiscalYear= {$(=Min(FiscalYear))}>} Amount) * (Max(FiscalYear) -Min(FiscalYear)) )

, '#,##0%')

The problem is that I have one variable - SubContractor - which always goes to zero at the end of our time frame (FiscalYear), and that is correct, - it's not a problem.  However, if someone were to select an entry in SubContractor, my growth rate would always, and correctly, display -100% growth.  That's fine, but it's useless.  I would simply like to display "N/A" in place of the growth rate when someone adds an entry from SubContractor to the current selections.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If the selection of a subcontractor is the only condition you could try the below I can't be sure it would work without testing it in your data

if(GetSelectedCount(FIELD)=1,(Equation),N/A)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If the selection of a subcontractor is the only condition you could try the below I can't be sure it would work without testing it in your data

if(GetSelectedCount(FIELD)=1,(Equation),N/A)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bella - that worked beautifully.