Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Previous Developer used Personal Edition

Hi, I just started new as the replacement for the previous QlikView developer.

I'm taking on QV additionally to what they actually hired me for, so I have no experience in QV itself (other than the handover I received).

We run Active Directory on a Domain here at work, so I have my own username/password to access the machine the previous developer worked from. The problem is, whenever I open a QVW file, it says I can't because it has already used all it's recoveries for the Personal Edition and that it was created by another QV Personal User on a different computer.

The computer is exactly the same including the installation of QV 10 and 11. Nothing has changed from last week (when I took over and the previous developer did a handover) except for the username/password I access the machine with now.

We have a Developer License and run 70 CAL's on our server. I seriously have no idea where to begin to be able to access the QVW files so I can continue developing reports for my superiors.

Thank you for taking the time to read my "story".

ANY help would be amazing!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I'm such an idiot. Apparently the license was leased from the server (or something), I had to copy the "settings.ini" from the user's old directory to mine (C:\Users\oldaccount_user\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I'm such an idiot. Apparently the license was leased from the server (or something), I had to copy the "settings.ini" from the user's old directory to mine (C:\Users\oldaccount_user\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView)