Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

Previous Rule in loop

Hi Guys,

i have following data set.

I would like to create a new field, called in the example below "IK|LocationRule" that shows the value "Consignment" if the prevoius record is "Fly". Basically i want that IK|LocationRUle cannot be never Fly, if the starting location is "Consignment". Can be fly only if the starting location (26/05/2021) is different than "Consignment"

I set this rule: 

IF(Location&Previous(Location)='FlyConsignment','Consignment',Location) as IK|LocationRule

The rule is working just for the first record (27/05/2021) but i would like to have also the other days as Consignment.

How i can fix this? Any Idea?
Thanks!!

Immagine 2021-06-25 111954.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sasikanth
Master
Master

its clear now, 

use the below condition to achieve the desired results

if(Location='Fly' and peek(IK|LocationRule)='Consignment','Consignment',Location) as IK|LocationRule

Hope this helps 

Sasi

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sasikanth
Master
Master

HI, 

Try below condition

if(isnull(Previous(Location)),Location, if(Previous(Location)='Fly','Consignment',if(Previous(Location)<>'Consignment','Fly',Location))) as IK|LocationRule

above condition is based on below note 

*"IK|LocationRule"  that shows the value "Consignment" if the previous record is "Fly"

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

This is not working since the "Starting location" (26/05/2021) could be also "Warehouse" and in that case we need to stick with "Fly"

sasikanth
Master
Master

can you share sample data ??

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

Find attached the QVW- i expect to have in the IK|LocationRule , "Consignment" on the highlighted cell in RED, since the starting location is Consignment

qlikviewaf_0-1624623630667.png

sasikanth
Master
Master

"since the starting location is Consignment"

what is the starting location you were referring to ?? is it based on Month??

how do you define starting location ??

what are you expecting for "Fly" (27.05.2021 to 31.05.2021)??

What are you expecting for "Fly" (13.06.2021 to 15.06.2021)??

What are you expecting for "Warehouse" ( 07.06.2021 to 11.06.2021)??

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

Let me say it better: the requirement is to have "Fly" as value, only if the Previous location was not Consignment , but needs to be applied also for the following days.

So for the 27 May, since the 26 is Consignment (this is what i called starting location), the 27-31 cannot be Fly but needs to be Consignment

For 13.06 to 15.06, i expect to stick with Fly, since the previous location was Warehosue (11 June)

What are you expecting for "Warehouse" ( 07.06.2021 to 11.06.2021)?? Nothing, if it's warehouse needs to stick to warehouse

sasikanth
Master
Master

its clear now, 

use the below condition to achieve the desired results

if(Location='Fly' and peek(IK|LocationRule)='Consignment','Consignment',Location) as IK|LocationRule

Hope this helps 

Sasi

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

it works! can you explain logic behind that rule if you dont mind ?

sasikanth
Master
Master

simple, 

Location field it self is not sufficient to derive 'consignment' value for all 'Fly' rows,  peek function is used to retrieve previous value of a field which can be used in the same condition. 

peek(IK|LocationRule) --> returns previous value in IK|LocationRule field .

previous value in IK|LocationRule field for Location ='Fly' is 'Consignment'