Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
U_Waqar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Previous month last date

Hi Experts,
I am using following expression to get count from start of last month to end of last month but not getting count of last day only i.e 30/06/2022:
Expression:
count(
{<
REGISTRATION_DATE = {">=$(=MonthStart(Addmonths(Max(REGISTRATION_DATE),-1)) <=$(=Monthend(Addmonths(Max(REGISTRATION_DATE),-1)) )"}
>}
DISTINCT ID)
DateFormat is DD/MM/YYYY

Please advise.

Many thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

You might be having issues with the time portion of the datetime (EndMonth returns e.g. 30/06/2022 23:59:59.999), have you tried the same thing but with that date floored? Does the actual formula return the expected value when used in e.g. a text object?

As an aside, if it's feasible for you, I'd suggest having a Registration Month field (Monthname([Registration Date])) and then you can just compare months instead of date ranges, which is easier to work with and cleaner to read. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You're checking against MonthStart, which is the first of the month, so I'm not sure why you'd expect to only get the last day of the month here.

U_Waqar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I want to get for complete last month but count is not showing for only last day of previous month i.e 30/06/2022.

Or
MVP
MVP

Then you shouldn't be using MonthStart()..? Perhaps Floor(MonthEnd(Whatever)) instead?

U_Waqar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Requirement is  to calculate IDs from start of the previous month to end of previous the previous month. 
Can you please tell what should I use?

Thanks

Or
MVP
MVP

You might be having issues with the time portion of the datetime (EndMonth returns e.g. 30/06/2022 23:59:59.999), have you tried the same thing but with that date floored? Does the actual formula return the expected value when used in e.g. a text object?

As an aside, if it's feasible for you, I'd suggest having a Registration Month field (Monthname([Registration Date])) and then you can just compare months instead of date ranges, which is easier to work with and cleaner to read.