Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III

Previous year % comparison

Hi guys - I need to produce a graph which shows month on month % compliance with the previous year?  So, as example, Nov-20 against Nov-19 expressed as a %.  Due to COVID we need to see how we are recovering on a monthly basis.

The field we use to count is called AD_EventKey and the date field for Calendar month is called AD_CalendarMonth.  Can you help guys?

Many thanks - rgds.

Labels (3)
22 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

create an expression in the BACKGROUND COLOR option for the expression

edwin_0-1607532679575.png

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@edwin  - many thanks!  I have this expression working OK, but I also want to make the current month column 50% transparent as it's still a month which is building, in terms of data, and so not really representative to show as an actual column in the chart.  I want it to always be the current month which is 50% transparent compared to the rest, how can I achieve this? 

The formatting I have so far is this:

=if(

count({<DateType={'CURRENT'}, Activity_or_Demand={'Activity'}>}Event_Key)/count({<DateType={'PRIOR'}, Activity_or_Demand={'Activity'}>}Event_Key)

>=1.0, Green(), Red())

Seems to work well for the colour formatting of ALL columns, just need the 50% 'current month' column as part of the expression...?

Many thanks and hope you're having a good day?  Kind regards

edwin
Master II
Master II

you will need a couple of things:  first a way to identify current month or period (typically i would use a variable as computing this in the expression makes it complicated), then in your expression, test if it is current, then you use and rgb of the lighter color you want:
if( count(...)<=1
       if(test here for current month, rgb(of lighter green), green),
       if(test here for current month, rgb(of lighter red), red)
)

try that first