cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

Previous year sales calculation

ActuallyI have a table with twenty four months of data . There are sales quantity defined for each stock number for all the twenty four months .

My requirement is to calculate the previous year sales value .The previous sales value should be shown in the chart and straight table.

For example, assume for september 2013 sales is 100 and for september 2014 sales is 500 .In chart what I would be havingin the dimensions is only 2013 year.The dimensions is from jan 2014 to sep  2014 . So for corresponding year september 2014 I need to show two measures . That is both actual (value of 500) and previous year actual value (value of 100) .

Is it possible to achieve the requirement in the front end of the chart  with the change in the expression . How to determine the previous year actual value in the front end itself ?

Can anyone please guide me ?

29 Replies
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please help me at the earliest

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please help me to compute the sales of previous year sales value .

Chart should be like the oe below .The attached document is the snap shot the requiment to be satisfied.

It needs to be inlcuded in the pivot chart

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

please provide the suggesstion  or any idea to achieve the above result

narband2778
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Sriram,

Please check this.

KR,

Naresh

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Naresh-

The approach you have suggested little closer to my output. Only thing is that I will not be selecting any year or month .

Sales and previous sales values should be displayed as it is with out selecting any month or year value..

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

anyone please help at the earliest

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this helps,

Make sure to close this thread if it answered.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks very much Ashfaq Mohammed for approach you have suggested.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

welcome

Regards

ASHFAQ