Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Printing a Grid Chart

Hello, I am trying to print a grid chart.

But the printout, or example view is telling me there is an internal error when setting up the chart.

This behavior is the same with the example Data Visualisation included in Qlikview 11 (Tab relationship)2016-01-05 08_12_43-QlikView x64 - [Data Visualization_].png

When I want to print, the print or example gives me the error

2016-01-05 08_13_41-Afdrukvoorbeeld.png

Is this a know problem, and should it be possible to print this kind of grids ?

I am working with Qlikview for Windows

Version 11.20.129040.0 SR12 64-bit Edition (c64)

Thanks

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

In general grid-charts could be printed. If it's not working are probably any security settings causing this behaviour - go to the document properties and check the option in tab security and within the sheet properties options like read only.

And of course try it with another printer.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hello Marcus,

All other objects can be printed, so it doesn't look like a security setting.

I have also used severall printers to print to.

With no result until know.

I even have upgraded to version 12 of Qlikview Desktop.

The mentioned grid is the only one I have Problems with the printing, that is also why I have tried the included example with the same behavior

Arnold

marcus_sommer

Do you mean a chart with an enabled grid-mode like in your screenshot or is a container meant?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I mean a chart like the screenshot.

Don't think I have made a container.

I tried this in my overview, and that didn't print.

Then I saw this same chart in the example provided in this 11 version of qlikview.

Same behavior, didn't print.

I looks to me more logical to use this example for my question, because everyone could have the same chart available 🙂

Arnold

marcus_sommer

I have tested this object within the origin demo-application  (Data-Visualization) and notice the same error-message by the attempt to print. For me it's a bug but maybe gwassenaar or swuehl could give another ideas.

By these object the grid will be created through an expression. If you don't need to show the relationship between the data points you could use a grid-mode based on the dimensions of the chart (is an option within the tab dimension on the bottom left).

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for searching and testing

Now I know that this isn't normal for this chart, I thought it might be too complex for printing.

Same behavior is still in Version 12.

Yes, I need the relationship, so I wait for a repair.

For now, I am able to make a screenshot, so I can help myself

Arnold