Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manpri7078
Creator
Creator

Problem after upgrading to SR4

I have yesterday upgraded my Qlikview to SR4 from SR3. I have created some of the documents which was fetching data from the web either through XML feed or RSS feed or was an HTML Table. All those files were running well before. When I am now opening those files and reloading it, It is giving error of Access Denied.

I have checked all those web addresses or feeds in the Internet Explorer Window and all are working perfect. Then after upgrading the QlikView, why I am receiving Access Denied error now. Is there a bug in it. I am thinking of installing SR3 again, if the problem persists and no solution is there.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure that antivirus or firewall software isn't blocking your upgraded Qlikview. Perhaps the new executable isn't allowed to connect to internet sources.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jarebpat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Have you've been able to fix this error? We have just run into the same thing...except our reload is with SQL tables and is not recognizing anymore.

Let us know.

Thanks

manpri7078
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Jareb,

I have been able to correct the problem by going through whether firewall was blocking internet or not. Fortunately it was doing so for reasons unknown to me, after upgrading to SR4. I corrected it and all was fine thereafter. As far as your problem is concerned where you are taking data from the SQL Tables, I dont think this could be the problem. May be some one has solution to this. I am also eager to have a reply to this thread.

Thanx,

Manish Prasad

jarebpat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks. Tried that, but didnt change/work. I am checking with Qliktech about this issue. Strange how reverting to the previous desktop version fixes the local reload, but the SR4 gives an error. I tried to create a new script in the SR4 and it works.Waiting to hear back from them.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Are you using Grave Accent ` (hard to see) in your script?  If so you need to change them to [ ] or "

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jarebpat
Contributor III
Contributor III

This has resolved our issues. All our main scripts have some of our original script that contains these characters! I am changing them and the tasks are now reloading. THANK YOU!

PS Still waiting to hear from Qliktech after all the log files I sent. I should let them know the issue has been resolved.

Thanks Bill!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yea, it is a known bug.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.