Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Problem around showing a count of 2 different things through using one date in a chart

Dear Qlik experts

I was wondering if someone could kindly help me with achieving a stacked bar chart which will show the week commencing in which an ID had a start  date, but will also show when an ID was removed

Example being that and ID has a start date for WC 10/02/2020 and would therefore be counted in a stacked bar chart under 10/02/2020, but the ID was removed in WC 08/06/2020 and would therefore be counted as 1 in WC 08/06/2020

The problem is I can only show one date in the X axis of the stacked bar chart but the counts are using Start Date and Removal Date....

I have a created an initial table which has all the fundamentals I need....I just need help with the next step I.e. how do I get a start and removal count for one ID to show in the correct weeks?

Any help is appreciated

Table1:

Load

ID,

Start Date,

Removal Date,

Week_By_Date_Start,  //This is the Monday which the StartDate falls in

Week_By_Date_End,    //This is the following Sunday which the StartDate falls in

Week_By_Date_Removal_Start,  //This is the Monday which the Removal Date falls in

Week_By_Date_Removal_End    //This is the following Sunday which the RemovalDate falls in

Count( Distinct (If([Start Date] >= Week_By_Date_Start and [Start Date] <= Week_By_Date_End, [ID]))) as Count_ID_Adds_By_Week, //Counts when the ID has a Start Date

Count( Distinct (If([Removal Date] >= Week_By_Date_Removal_Start and [Removal Date] <= Week_By_Date_Removal_End, [ID]))) as Count_WL_Removals_By_Week
//Counts when the ID has a removal Date

Resident

Table X
Group By
ID,

Start Date,

Removal Date,

Week_By_Date_Start, 
Week_By_Date_End,   
Week_By_Date_Removal_Start, 
Week_By_Date_Removal_End

1 Reply
JeromeS
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Helen,

One way to achieve what you want would be to build a canonical calendar in your script (see post https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Canonical-Date/ba-p/1463578)

It would look like this:

DateBridge:
     Load
          ID,
          [Start Date] as CanonicalDate,
          'Start Date' as DateType
     Resident Table1;

Concatenate(DateBridge)
     Load
          ID,
          [Removal Date] as CanonicalDate,
          'Removal Date' as DateType
     Resident Table1;

In parallell to DateBridge Table you can also add a Canonical Calendar which will hold all the different useful calculated time fields for Canonical Date (year, week, ... see for example the week function here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/DateAndTi...)

Once constructed, you can use the Canonical Date or Week in your stacked bar chart as a dimension. Your measure will then become: 

Count({<DateType = {'Removal Date', 'Start Date'}>} Distinct ID)

If you want to have different colors for removal Date and Start Date, just create two measures as follows:

Count({<DateType = {'Removal Date'}>} Distinct ID)

Count({<DateType = {'Start Date'}>} Distinct ID)

Hope that helps !

Kind regards,

Jérôme