Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magnusbergh
Contributor
Contributor

Problem when qvw is created on build server

I have a problem with one qvw application when .qvw file is created on our build server from project files. The "build" process is doing the following:

- Copy an empty template  .qvw file

- Run a vb script which run qv desktop with parameter /r for loading document and passing variable to tell load script to exit

- In load script the thing it checks if variable above is set and will exit before loading anything else.

- File is copied to QV Distribution Service which will load and distribute document to QV server.

In the application we have a straight table chart where the user can select which dimensions to show including calculated columns. If any of the calculated columns is selected it will load until timeout and memory usage will increase until timeout. 

If I take the same qvw file (loaded) and run it in Desktop it works fine. 

Now if I instead of creating the qvw file using the buidl process above and instead just open template file and save it will work fine. So it seems that creating the qvw file using the load using /r command line cause problems. However it has worked fine in the past and we use the same approach for other applications which works fine.

Any ideas? Also any other approaches to generate .qvw file from script without any manual user interactions.

0 Replies