Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with Mysql provider / qlikview

I'm trying to connect to my new mysql BI server with qlikview, but I have not been succesfull.

I want to find out what I'm doing wrong...

it´s very strange, because each time I try to test the connection in the select windows it's either succesfull or I see the message

Skærmbillede 2012-06-25 kl. 12.17.59.png

If I try to pick the intial catalog it will also either let me pick or I get this message

Skærmbillede 2012-06-25 kl. 12.17.40.png

The succes / failure rate are almost 50 / 50 and if I click okay I will get this window:

Skærmbillede 2012-06-25 kl. 12.12.47.pngSkærmbillede 2012-06-25 kl. 12.12.53.png

Can somebody tell me what's wrong?

10 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Are you using the same version of ODBC than the server is running? Does that happen either if you have Force 32 bit checked and unchecked?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi there,

I would recommend that you try connecting to your MySQL thorugh ODBC. If your MySQL database is setup correctly under Windows it should connect with no problems.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jakob,

Yes, definitely. If using OLE DB when it's not supported natively, using what the DBM supports (and MySQL supports ODBC) is the smartest thing to do.

Thanks for noting!

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

But the server are not hosted locally - can I still use ODBC...

Also I have had a hard time finding the ODBC drivers

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, to answer both of your questions ...I recently used these drivers on a remotely hosted MySQL 🙂

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jakob,

I'll have to say i'm a newbie when it comes to qlikview 🙂

I downloaded and installed the connector, but when I open the ODBC window I can't chose mysql. Can you tell me how to hook everything up?

Skærmbillede 2012-06-25 kl. 13.54.27.png

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi again,

it's no really a QlikView thing that your're missing, you will have to add your ODBC datasource in Windows. Looking at your screenshots I'm assuming you are running XP.

To open Data Sources (ODBC), click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance. Click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Data Sources (ODBC).

There you can add your ODBC connection to your database.

Click Add and select MySQL ODBC Driver 5.1 (this may vary depending on the version that you installed)

After that, a window should open up where you can enter your MySQL Servers credentials and name your connection.

This connection then becomes available for you to use in QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jakob

However when I try to connect in Qlikview, it comes with this error message

Skærmbillede 2012-06-25 kl. 14.40.58.png

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ok, that's unfortunate ...

Maybe Miguel has an idea what this could be about. Did you try playing around with your 32-Bit Settings like he suggested earlier?

Also, just out of curiosity, were you able to succesfully test your connection to your MySQL datasource when setting it up Windows how I explained it earlier.

Good luck with this,

Jakob