Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterwh
Creator II
Creator II

Problem with creation of a timeline

Hello,

the last few days I'm trying to create a bar chart to use as a timeline. I've played around with the Timeline example from "Share Qlikviews", but I have a problem with this solution. If my calculated starttime is the day before it is not shown properly because only the time is used and not the whole timestamp and I want to be flexible i.e. a user wants to see not only one day.

So I tried to use a timestamp instead, but it doesn't work. In the attached example I have a qvw-file with an example what I've made so far. The jpg-file is an example how I want it to be (maybe with the machinename). I think my main problem is, if I enter a bar offset in the stacked bar chart, every bar disappears; even if I'm using an offset of 1 (one day). So if I could get a bar offset, I think it might work.

So if anybody can give me a hint what I'm doing wrong, that would be great.

I'm using Qlikview Desktop 9 SR4.

Thanks in advance
Peter

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Peter

Looking at your example jpg I think you would need 2 identical data sets, one for i.o., the other for n.i.o.

You also need the information in your timespans whether it is an i.o. or n.i.o section.

You can then try to draw a stacked bar with dynamic coloring,

i.o. bar and i.o. section use green
i.o. bar and n.i.o. section use white
n.i.o bar and i.o. section use white
n.i.o bar and n.i.o section use red

An alternate could be to use a straight table where you could dynamically color the cell backgrounds. It might force you to lower granularity in the timeline to make it perform. I have seen an example of this lately and can try to find it if you are interested.

In total looks rather difficult to achieve to me.

Regards

Juerg

peterwh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Juerg,

since the dataset is really huge I don't think it's good to have to identical data sets. But thanks for your advice. In the meantime I managed to narrow down the problem and I filed a bug report to QlikTech.
The problem is if I use a bar offset i.e. of 5 and my axis should show 1 day, nothing appears, but if I use i.e. 4 days interval as axis, a bar is shown which should be visible in the first example too.

Kind regards
Peter