Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with gauge presentation in AJAX

Hi Everyone,

I have a coloured background in a straight table with a white coloured gauge.  In QV development it looks great but then when I display in ajax I get the following problem occuring:

example.png

I can see all of the pink at the base and the top (sometimes bottom) of the white gauge. 

Here is a screenshot of my gauge settings:

example2.PNG

The Fill to value should fill the whole cell!  Not only partially. My lower bound is 0 so that's not the problem.

Thanks

gareth

3 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Gareth,

I'd say this is an AJAX rendering issue. There are things that AJAX just doesn't support - especially in IE such as gradient colours or rounded courners.

All that can be recommended is to either:

a) try a different browser - not likely in a commercial environment or

b) upgrade the server to Version 10 (if not done so already) as version 10 addressed many of the AJAX issues as Qliktech are keen to push it as the main method of access for all .qvw's.

Apologies I can't offer a definative solution.

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Yea my thoughts also really, just hoping it was something I'd obviously overlooked.

I'm running the latest version 10 on the server.

The AJAX issues are so frustrating.  It is hard enough to create a slick looking QV doc and then when it's pushed to AJAX and loses much of it's key features it is really disappointing.

Do you know if the general downfalls of the AJAX display are a result of QV's lack of use of the power of AJAX or is it that AJAX simply doesn't support these types of things yet?

Thanks

G

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The reason for the shortcomings are difficult to say; on the one hand it would appear to be Qliktech who are learning more about it as the AJAX functionality continually improves but on the other there don't seem to be as many improvements in the AJAX offering between V10 and the new V11 as there were between V9 and V10.

It's also worth bearing in mind the IE has alot to do with it - you seem to get better results from the other mainstream browsers.

It would be interesting to hear from Qliktech as to what their long-term aims are for AJAX as if it's going to be the main point of entry for users it needs to be able to do and display everything that Qlikview is capable of doing.

Less on the Mobile BI fluff and more on getting the fundementals that everyone uses right!

Personally where possible I try and go down the IE Plugin route.

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd