Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with license after laptop change

Hi,

I have a serious problem with qlikview desktop, it's doesn't allow me to open any of my files, just create new ones.Everything started when my laptop died, so I got a replacement and installed qlikview desktop 10 again, and when I opened the last file I was working with, a windows pops up with this message (translated from spanish) :

'This Qlikview document was created by another Qlikview personal edition user or from another computer.As a Qlikview personal edition user you can only open files created by you and from this computer.

This document has been recovered more times than allowed by your Qlikview personal edition license.You can still use Qlikview with your actual Personal Edition License to create and modify other files.'

and so , it refuses to open the file.We have a Qlikview server small bussines editon 10 license with 10 usercals and 10 document cals, and I've been using the desktop edition with license.Moreover I have never move the files to another computer, just this once, and still it's says that i have recovered the file more times than allowed, I really don't understand.Also I don't understand how to actually transform desktop software from personal license to full edition , I thought I was working with that version , but obviously something is wrong.I really need help on this guys, if I loose all my previous work I'll probably get fired.Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Larry_Aaron
Employee
Employee

You are using Personal Edition.  Lease a license from your server, File > Open in server.   On the server input box type  qvp://yourservername/qlikview/ and open a document.  You will not be able to edit the document, but if dynamic leases are availble from your server you will get one.

If you can lease a license, on the start page of your desktop version you will see that you have leased a license from the server, if it still say's you have Personal Edition, speak to the admin of your server and see if there is a license available to lease.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Larry_Aaron
Employee
Employee

You are using Personal Edition.  Lease a license from your server, File > Open in server.   On the server input box type  qvp://yourservername/qlikview/ and open a document.  You will not be able to edit the document, but if dynamic leases are availble from your server you will get one.

If you can lease a license, on the start page of your desktop version you will see that you have leased a license from the server, if it still say's you have Personal Edition, speak to the admin of your server and see if there is a license available to lease.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi laaron,

I followed the steps and it worked! thanks a lot man, you saved my life!