Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Product Cross Sell Pivot Overview?

Hello all,

this must be a very common question, but so far I did not find a solution in the forum.

I have a raw data table showing which customer (1..6) bought which product (A.B.C)

My goal is to achieve an overview, which customer of product A has also purchased product B.
I want to have that in a (pivot) table. I found solutions in the forum where the information is provided based on a product or customer selection, but this is not what I need. I want to show the result based on a “clear” selection.

Raw data:
(Row 1 reads ‘Customer 1 bought products A, B, and C’
Row 2 reads ‘Customer 2 bought only products A’)

CID

A

B

C

x

x

X

x

x

x

x

X

X

x

Desired Result:
(Row 1 reads ‘2 customers bought products A AND B, 1 customer bought products A AND C’)

A

B

C

A

-

B

-

C

-

I worked with the aggr function, e.g. to find out how many customers have bought more than 1 product, but I fail to get the pivot done. I just don’t understand how to combine the calculated dimensions with the set analysis … which must be the way doing it … or not?

Thank for any hints,

Thilo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you can use something like the crosstabulation solution I posted here for that, using the same dimension product twice:

http://community.qlik.com/message/162179

Hope this helps,

Stefan

edit: adapted your file

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you can use something like the crosstabulation solution I posted here for that, using the same dimension product twice:

http://community.qlik.com/message/162179

Hope this helps,

Stefan

edit: adapted your file

Not applicable
Author

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for the help!
Sometimes the simple solutions are the best … I was so focused on aggr/ set analysis that I didn’t see the obvious.

Great – thanks again,

Thilo

syazwani91
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Swuehl,

I have the same problem, trying to replicate it in Qliksense

May I  know how can I get the same output in qliksense?

Or if there is any Qliksense community members knows the solution will be great!