Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Properties window disappear.

Hey Experts or Qlik ,

Qlikview version : 12.30.20100.0 SR1

I create a straight table, Add dims, expression and sorting etc.All works fine. 

Later I edit  start adding a dimension and go to sort tab the properties window disappears. IT happens a lot as I am having to work on sorting quite often. 😞 

I will have force close and reopen . In this process I Loose any unsaved changes 😞 

Any solution or bug fix already present. ?

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

If there is a prj-folder for the application - try it without the folder.

Also possible is that there is any incompatibility with your graphic-card - therefore a check with a different machine might be useful (but before ensure that the properties-windows isn't just hidden below other windows or moved to another monitor and is just outside of your view - especially in multi-monitor environment is such an issue not seldom).

Another thought are different users/machines with a different release to yours and which might have saved this application - mixing up different releases worked often but it could result in very strange issues and is therefore not recommended.

- Marcus

boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @marcus_sommer 

"If there is a prj-folder for the application - try it without the folder."

JB :No I dont have prj-folder. 

"Also possible is that there is any incompatibility with your graphic-card - therefore a check with a different machine might be useful (but before ensure that the properties-windows isn't just hidden below other windows or moved to another monitor and is just outside of your view - especially in multi-monitor environment is such an issue not seldom)."

JB :It just freezes that particular insatance.  Have used task manager to spot any hidden properties window [not found]. There is an additional Qlikview instance running with a different dashboard which still continues to work normally.  

"Another thought are different users/machines with a different release to yours and which might have saved this application - mixing up different releases worked often but it could result in very strange issues and is therefore not recommended."

JB : I got this laptop fresh and had previous uninstalled before installing this new version.

-Boopesh

marcus_sommer

The use of the taskmanager is often very helpful but I'm not sure that you could with them valide check if there are any further windows respectively popup's - therefore I suggest that you check it again if it's hidden or outside of the screen.

Do any other users (with different releases to yours) access/reload this application?

- Marcus

boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

"Do any other users (with different releases to yours) access/reload this application?"

No, only I use this application. 

Not sure if this info helps , I believe this APP was started development using Qlikview 2016. And we are now using 11.30 on this same app.  Could this be of some issue? 

marcus_sommer

Saving an older application with a newer release works usually very well. Nevertheless you could re-create this object (copy & paste from expressio-strings and similar is ok. but no copy from any onject-properties) and to check it again. Beside this does it happens by all object-types or only certain ones?

Further if you use expressions for the sorting put they also as normal expressions into one of your objects or create a new one for it - to see if the are valid. Beside this may a check of the datamodel in regard to synthetic key, circular loops and (calculations over) island-tables be useful (they are in general bad and may in certain circumstances lead to an unexpected behaviour).

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Boopesh, in addition to what Marcus has said, I would recommend you update to 12.30 SR3, 12.30.20300, you can get that from the download site and see if that addresses the issue as well.  That is the latest SR for the 12.30 track.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Marcus. 

It happens on newly created objects. [not only on the migrated objects]

boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Brett_Bleess  . But will see if I can try to download a newer version.