Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Property Table different

Hi, I am new to Qlikview. I am trying to go thru the Qlikview steps by following the Tutorials as downloaded from Qlikview website. My problem is that when I right click , the property table which gets opened is different from as shown in the Tutorials , Can any body advise me how to sort out this issue as I am not able to go ahead. Thanks in advance to every one

Regards

Harpal

6 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suspect that the Tutorial might be for the earlier version of QlikView - however, the differences should only be minor. Another possible difference can be in the "Layout" tab, if you current setting for "Defaul Styling Mode" is "Simplified" - then some of the advance format settings might be hidden. You can chenge the styling mode in "User Preferences", "Design Tab, and in "Document Properties", General Tab.

If you experience other major differences, - please post an image of the screen that looks different from the tutorial, and describe what is different.

welcome aboard!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Oleg for your suggestion. I have attached a file along with this to give you an idea of the problem I am facing.

Regards

Harpal

Not applicable
Author

HI,

You are opening the application in AJAX mode and trying to correlate the same with manual. manual doesn't describe this feature as far as i know.

Open application in normal mode and start exploring.

To open the application in normal mode Go - > Document Property -> General Tab - > uncheck AJAX option from bottom (Not sure about the exact name of the option, it will start with Ajax which you can find at the bottom of the document property general tab, this option will be available only in Qlikview 9.0 SR3)

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sridhar , yes , application was in AJAX mode , I unchecked the same in general tab , but still the property table is same. One more activity I did , which I like to share. I created one new file from the menu, that runs OK as per the tutorial.But when I work in Qlikview personal edition to have some practice as per the English tutorial I face this problem. Any suggestions ??

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Harpal S Sachdeva wrote:application was in AJAX mode , I unchecked the same in general tab , but still the property table is same

You will have to exit Qlikview to have this change take effect.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob ,Shridhar and Oleg , with your support I got what I wanted. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Harpal