Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QEMC and QMC

Hi all, can anybody help me to clarify what are QEMC(Qlikview Enterprice Management Console) and QMC(QLikview Management Console)...? What are the main differences and purposes of those? Thank You! Nilupa
12 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nilupa,

They are two different consoles to manage all possible services and server settings. QEMC allows to to access to the webserver configuration, for example. Anyway, what you change in one console is kept in the other console, as the configuration files both read are the same. I'd say that QEMC is a more complete configuration console than the QMC.

Regards.

suniljain
Master
Master

Nilupa,

Pls read qlikview reference manula.

it will clear your doubt regarding QEMC,QMC.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Hello,

QEMC is more suitable when you have more than 1 server, because it can manage all of them.

QMC is more suitable when you have only one server.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

May I know which is the right answer here? As I am still I am not sure which is the right answer here.

I never worked on server but I have worked little bit on QEMC. So would like to know whether QEMC is same as server.

Thanks,

Attitude

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QMC and QEMC are both a console to change the configurations of a qlikview server.

It dosent matter if you use the one instead of the other. But some configurations can only be done in one of them.

In Qlikview 11 there is only one console! - thanks for that

Henrik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henrik

Thanks for your reply. If I have understood correctly do you mean to say that instead of accessing the server directly. We use these console to change the configurations of a qlikview server.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I would like to know whether the publishers is can be configured using these consoles. Please let me know on that as well.

Thanks,

Attitude

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, the consoles are where you configure the server.

It's also here you schedule reloads of documents and maintain user administration etc.

Henrik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henrik

But then my question why we are not accessing the server directly. Why we make use of these two consoles(QMC and QEMC) to configure the server settings. Also you didn't answer me the below questions.

Also I would like to know whether the publishers is can be configured using these consoles. Please let me know on that as well.???

Thanks,

Attitude