Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QEMC or QMC ?

Hi

Can I able to publish the reports through QEMC or QMC ?

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, it looks like you are confusing some terms...

QEMC and QMC are two managements consoles to the QlikView Server. Publisher is a module of QVS that requires a separate license. You may have it or not have it, disregarding of QEMC and QMC.

If your access is denied to the console, then you might not be defined as an Administrator - either for QlikView, or for QlikVIew Server or both. Whoever installed QlikView Server in the first place, must have defined the user(s) that are considered QlikView administrators.

FInally, to "publish" QVW... I assume you mean "make it available on the server", you don't need a Publisher. You just need to save your QVW in one of the folders that QlikView Server has access to, and to configure Users access to those documents.

This is in a nutshell. More detailed - please look in the QVS Reference Guide...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, it looks like you are confusing some terms...

QEMC and QMC are two managements consoles to the QlikView Server. Publisher is a module of QVS that requires a separate license. You may have it or not have it, disregarding of QEMC and QMC.

If your access is denied to the console, then you might not be defined as an Administrator - either for QlikView, or for QlikVIew Server or both. Whoever installed QlikView Server in the first place, must have defined the user(s) that are considered QlikView administrators.

FInally, to "publish" QVW... I assume you mean "make it available on the server", you don't need a Publisher. You just need to save your QVW in one of the folders that QlikView Server has access to, and to configure Users access to those documents.

This is in a nutshell. More detailed - please look in the QVS Reference Guide...