Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iftikhar_aup
Contributor III
Contributor III

QL##f - SqlState: 42000, ErrorCode: 4294965391, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Not a valid password.

Hi

I am new to qlikview and want to access data from MS Accss database (.mdb) format.

i follow the following Steps

Step  1 :  Install AccessDatabaseEngine and AccessRuntime_x64_en-us

Step  2:  Create odbc conncection to my database  from script editor

Connection String

ODBC CONNECT TO [MQTU;DBQ=Path\Database.mdb] (XUserId is JCTafQRMNLacWNC, XPassword is aRSBXRdNSLZEDSVOPbFB);

Step  3 : Now i load all the required tables from my database

Step  4: Now Click Reload button to load data form database and it give me an  error

SQL##f - SqlState: 42000, ErrorCode: 4294965391, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Not a valid password.

if my password is wrong then how it load my tables

2 Replies
pix
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, I was looking for the same issue and I got to your post (btw, new to these things as well).

I think I just managed to solve my issue. I am using a test MS Access DB in .accdb format and 64 bit system and QV12.

Here is what I have done:

- downloaded ODBC driver 64 bit from here, although I am still not sure if this was necessary or not Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable  from Official Microsoft Download Cen...

- installed driver: opened ODBC Data Sources Administrator (64-bit) > System DNS tab > Add button > selected Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) > in Data Source Name I typed a name for the connection, in Database I navigated to the location where I had my MS Access DB (mine was stored locally), in Advanced I typed the login name and password of the DB and on Options menu I checked "Exclusive" option.

- in QV I used ODBC option and then selected the connection I previously created and I set the same user and password I put when I created the ODBC connection.

I think that the trick for me was to select the Exclusive option; I tried running QV with a connection that didn't have the Exclusive option checked and it didn't work, got same error as you did.

Hope this makes sense and works for you.

Have fun,

Diana

RenanVieira
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Thank you