Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC: Always Anonymous, allow Anonymous and Probihit Anonymous

Can someone explain me this authentication with example or guide me a find a techiical document to better understand this ...

Always Anonymous, allow Anonymous and Probihit Anonymous

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you checked the help on the server? It says:

Security

On the Security tab, the settings for authentication, authorization, communication, and cluster license can be managed.

Authentication

Clients

It is possible to select whether the QlikView Server (QVS) should use Windows authentication, when possible, or not. To configure the type of authentication, select one of the following options:

•Always Anonymous, meaning that anonymous communication is forced.

•Allow Anonymous (default), meaning that authentication is used whenever possible.

•Prohibit Anonymous, meaning that authentication is forced.

Note! Make sure that this selection is consistent with any other security setting that may be specified in the virtual directories of the web server. For example, if the Microsoft IIS allows anonymous communication, but the QlikView Server does not, the client user will get an error message when trying to open the application through the virtual directory.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the reply...yeah i read this but i dont quite get it... what exactly happens authentication is forced ? means user will be asked to login with windows credentails ? or will it use NTLM ? always anonymous means it doesn't even check user credentials ?