Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schneider2037
Creator
Creator

QMC Task out of order

Stupid question time here, folks.

I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to rearrange tasks in the QMC:

I had to create new extract (Extract GL Sales Transactions FY 2019 - Daily), mounted that just fine. When I added the task to the QMC Documents, dumped it out of order.

To compound my dismay, deleted the trigger task of Extract Ln Sales Orders - Company 152) in error, so added that back (again via Documents).

I'm not seeing the forest for all the trees here...but is there a way to get the Tasks back "in order" for where the blue/red arrows point.

QMC Tasks now out of order.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could not add a task in between a chain of tasks without adjusting the trigger from at least one existing task. Just adding the task below another will put it parallel and will be displayed on this level.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could not add a task in between a chain of tasks without adjusting the trigger from at least one existing task. Just adding the task below another will put it parallel and will be displayed on this level.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Bothe tasks "Build Sales Financial Unit Data - Daily" and "Extract GL Sales Transactions FY 2019 - Daily" are now triggered by task "Extract GL Sales Transactions FY 2018 - Daily". If you want to attach the first to the second instead of to the third, change the Trigger for task "Build Sales Financial Unit Data - Daily" to be triggered by the next task "Extract GL Sales Transactions FY 2019 - Daily" instead of the one for 2018, and the whole task chain will move accordingly.

It helps to look at task arrangements as chains that are linked by triggers. Tasks tell you by whom they are triggered, but not who they are triggering from their side. That's the job of the next in line, which may not exist if a task is the last one in the series.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And change the task at the bottom in the same manner.

Unfortunately there is not enough information available to tell you exactly what to do... Does it have to follow "Publish Polk Registration Marketshare Map Document - Daily" or does it have to run before "Extract GL Sales Transactions FY 2017 - Daily"?

schneider2037
Creator
Creator
Author

Peter - you'd nailed it right out of the gate. I'd neglected to: a) put the correct trigger FOR this task and b) update the trigger for the following task.

Once got those in place, problem solved.

Thanks,
Jonathan