Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III

QMC access for Document Admin to Configire reports(Email)

Hello ,

I have been trying to enable access to a 'document administrator' on QMC for configuring reports for the users.

As an Qlikview admin, I was able to set-up and distribute the reports as needed.

The Document Admin currently have access to create tasks (QMC->system->setup->Distribution service->QDS)

and to manage users (QMC->system->setup->Qlikview server->QVS->Folder access ( Supervisor & Document Administrators )

However, the Document Admin does not access to the  (Task->Distribute->Loop Field Document)

please refer the attached for access level of a Document Admin.

Could you please let me know if we can enable this access to the above for a document Admin?

Thanks

6 Replies
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Please refer below mentioned link..hope it helps.

Is it possible to send email alerts from qlikview QEMC

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm looking to send the reports created within the Dashboard as an email to the users. I was able to achieve that.

But i'm looking to enable access to a document admin to configure the task.

Thanks

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Please refer below link to understand "Document Administrator" in detail.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/pdf/Administering%20QlikView.pdf

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The email server seems to indicate there is no SMTP server defined in the QMC > System > Setup > Mail Server

Second, the user needs full access to the application, so if there is a section access, this needs to be specified in the Reload part (for reload tasks) and the Document Admin have access as ADMIN to be able to open the document and select fields to loop or reduce.

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Mail Server setup is already available. The Qlikview Admin is able to configure the tasks and the users have also received the reports via email. 

The Issue here is the 'Document Administrator' do not have sufficient privileges to configure the  'Loop field in Document' tab. the options are disabled for Document Admin

" Document Admin have access as ADMIN to be able to open the document and select fields to loop or reduce " - do this mean to enable full access to the QVMC ?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That means ADMIN access in section access table, with all possible values in the reduction field assigned