Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT1
Contributor II
Contributor II

QV 12 Freezes when I add a new tab in edit script ?

Is anyone else having this issue?  

QV 12 (personal edition) freezes and stops responding to anything when I add a new tab in the edit script window.  This is happening for all existing files and new files that I create.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

JT

Labels (2)
4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Probably there is an open window behind other windows or beyond your screen and Qlik waits now for any action. Close all other windows and force the view of all Qlik windows on your main-screen.

- Marcus

JT1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Marcus, thanks for replying, I tried that but there are no open windows open or any popup screens from QV open.  It closed all windows and restarted QV and the same thing happens.

marcus_sommer

Did it work before and happens just recently? If yes, were there any changes with the machine, OS or QlikView? Which release do you use - in older one or a quite current one?

To exclude any wrong user-settings remove (after a backup) or rename the settings.ini from QlikView.

- Marcus 

NickOrka
Contributor
Contributor

When you create a new tab, QV opens pop-up window for the tab name. It looks like the pop-up window location in some invisible place on your screen, or if you are using multiple monitors, it's on another monitor.