Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 8.5: Document Properties for Client Server

Hi,

Working on a prototype using QlikView 8.5 - our server is hosting a fairly large (100 million row?) data set, and the QVW file that's been created covers most of the basic analysis that the users will need.

However, the power users have been sold on the idea that they can explore the data in any way they wish and have two key requirements:

1. The ability to create their own drill-through paths to explore data in charts. This is important because IT don't want to second-guess the way in which users navigate the data by creating too many pre-defined drill groups.
  2. The ability to create and share new content (using their Professional licenses) via collaboration on the server. This would probably be delivered by users adding content to additional 'user content' sheets on the dashboard. Is there a way that the users can add additional sheets to the document without IT intervention? If not, how can we claim that users can create and share new content, if there's nowhere to put this content within the document?!

I'm stumped as to whether either of these things are possible. Obviously, I can provide a subset of the data that they could use locally (the full 100 million data set would blow their PC memory away). This can't be satisfactory, because then they're not seeing the whole data picture.

Without meeting these two needs, we won't be offering our users true freedom to explore large datasets.

I welcome any and all suggestions for these issues!

Cheers,

DrNick

10 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Micheal,

The QV9 RC Release Notes include this statement:

"In addition to user sheet objects there is now also the possibility to create user sheets."

Maybe Anthony hasn't told everyone yet 🙂