Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV App connecting to Oracle successfully runs in Desktop but the same fails in the Task.

Gurus,

QV App connecting to Oracle Server successfully runs in the desktop but same fails in the Task schedule on Qlikview Server(not publisher).

Tried with various options by installing ODAC112012, ODTwithODAC121012 and ODAC121021_x64 downloaded from Oracle site. Application log shows

"Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Service Components, ErrorMsg: The specified module could not be found.".

Environment :

QlikView Version:11.20.12664.0

CPU Target                    x64

Operating System              Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter  (64 bit edition)

Wow64 mode                    Not using Wow64

OLE DB                           ODAC112012 or ODTwithODAC121012 or ODAC121021_x64(Tried with different downloads. Runs fine in Desktop)

Help to fix this is appreciated.

Regs

Ram

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you test if the installed oledb driver works on the server? See Test Any OLE DB Provider in Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) for how to do that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

hi Gysbert, Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean Server on which the Oracle is installed. If so i won't be able to do that because i don't have the access to it.

I installed on the OLE DB Server on the Server where Qlikview is installed. the QV App works fine on the Desktop, but the same fails when Reload task is scheduled on the QV Server(there is no publisher).

Regs

Ram

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does the AD User that the QlikView Server Windows Service run under have suitable permissions ?

If you log on to the server with this AD User , can you run the reload manually with QV Desktop ?

Not applicable
Author

Yes,

Qlikview Server(userid:ram) runs with the Windows Login user(userid:ram), and this userid is a local user with Administrative privileges.

when i login with the userid:ram, i'm able to run the application on my desktop without any issues, i'm able to connect to Oracle Server and fetch the data.

Regs

ram

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, you know the database server is fine since can connect with it using Qlikview Desktop. You need to test if you can create a connection from the Qlikview Server with the database server.

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert,

Yes, I able to create the connection to the Database Server without any issues. Infact i also tried now with the

"64-bit OLE DB Test" which you suggested in the web link "Test any OLE DB Driver". Its works fine.

The problem is when i try to run through the Reload Task in QV Server.

Regs

Ram

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Qlikview Server? If you installed the 32-bit version then you also need to use the 32-bit oledb driver.

Not applicable
Author

The Qvserver Services are running AS a user right?. Then have you tried to log into the Windows Server using that Users and try the connection to Oracle DB Server?

laujerry
Creator
Creator

i have the same problem here

same user id used in qv services and desktop

the reload is successful in desktop client but fails in qmc

reboot the server simply solves the problem