Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Desktop "Open In Server" when Server is in DMS mode

How does one get QV Desktop to open a file from a QV Server when the server is running in DMS mode?

I have QV Server in DMS mode.

I have DSC with Custom Directory, Path=MyTestPath, UserName:U1, Pswd: U1

Authorization for User Document Films.qvw includes MyTestPath\U1.

In QV Desktop:

- I choose "Logon as Specified User"  MyTestPath\U1. The constructed QVP is "qvp://MyTestPath\U1@localhost".

- I click "Open" and get a dialog requesting the pswd. After supplying the pswd I get an error dialog

"Cannot connect to server OK, Negotiations Timed Out. Switching to HTTP tunneling Connected to server OK, No reply received"

I have dynamic CAL assignment enabled.

If i switch the server back to NTFS and use Logon as "domain\user" that is my currrent Windows login, click "Open" and I am then shown a list of User Documents on the server. This leads me to believe I have my ports configured properly.

6 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Daniel, are you using custom users? The proper way to do this is go to user preferences>locations, select QlikView Server AccessPoint (URL) and enter the URL to your qlikview server eg "http://qlikviewserver/qlikview".

Then go to tools>Open QlikView Accesspoint, login, and then open an application.

Not applicable
Author

Yes we have custom users. When I do as you suggest and use Tools | Open QlikView Accesspoint, the login fails when I use the custom user name and password, eg. name: TerraTest\U1 and pswd: U1. These are the values I from the Users Tab of the QVEMC. But I get login failed.

Why can't I use Open In Server and specify Login as specified user and then supply the password to the popup dialog?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Daniel, if you try to access qlikview in a browser, are you able to login? are custom users working besides the open in server?

Not applicable
Author

Does not work from IE browser. I enter TerraTest\U1 and U1 and get login failed.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Please check that your settings look something like this.

img_custom0.png

img_custom1.png

img_custom2.png

img_custom3.png

img_custom4.png

Not applicable
Author

sorry, whats the difference between alternate login page and default login page?