Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Read about the latest Qlik Community enhancements on the Community News blog!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmithids
Partner
Partner

QV Management Service Not Running

Hello,

I thought my issue of the QV Management Service not starting was resolved using a cmd prompt command lodctr /R.  However, when I reboot the server the problem occurs again.  The user account I am using is a local admin and it is in the QlikView Administrator Group. Below are the event log messages of the error.  I'm not sure at this point what is causing this issue. 

Any information to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Source: .NET Runtime

Application: QVManagementService.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException

Stack:

   at QMS.MainLoop.Run(System.Object)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

Source: Application Error

Faulting application name: QVManagementService.exe, version: 11.20.12347.0, time stamp: 0x53480302

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.17206, time stamp: 0x50e669a2

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000000ac3d

Faulting process id: 0x3ec

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf7206f5ce9a09

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 3546d38d-ddfa-11e3-99ef-9cb6541307b5

11 Replies
sduguet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Did you find a solution?

I have the same issue with Management Service with the service going down unexpectedly: a .Net Runtime Error followed by an Application Error.

Then just after the same thing with Distribution Service, the .Net Runime Error then the Application error (same dll)

I'm using

.Net v4.0.30319

QV 11.2 SR6 build 12347

kernelbase.dll version 6.1.7601.17651

Best Regards,

Stephane Duguet.

asmithids
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi Stephane.,

Not yet.  I have a call scheduled with a tech this afternoon.  I'll post the resolution here if it gets resolved. 

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Make sure you have .net 4.0 updated. Did you redo the performance counters?

asmithids
Partner
Partner
Author

Ronnie,

I have some information for you on the issue in pdf from.  I can send it to you.  Let me know and I'll email it to you. 

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Hey Alec,  Did you get your issue resolved by support? Make sure you reboot the server after you redo the performance counters. Make sure you have all the .net updates installed. You can also make your services have delayed start. Your QlikTech folder could be corrupted. Stop the services, rename the QDS and QMS folder to old and start the services.

asmithids
Partner
Partner
Author

Attached is the support information on resolving the issue.  I got QMC running by executing the lodctr /r command at the command prompt. However, when the server is rebooted, QMC won't start again.  I have a follow up call with support.  I'll pass on what I find out.  I hope the attached helps your issue. 

Giuseppe_Novello

Switch your services( I am assuming you have a 2008 server) from "Automatic" to "Automatic( delay start)". I would highly suggest to reach you internal IT team to check your machine, if lodctr /r fixes the problem, that means something is corrupting the registry performance counters, so a rebuilt (/r) is needed after a reboot.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
asmithids
Partner
Partner
Author

Thank you Giuseppe.

I do have the services set to a delayed start.  Running the lodctr /r rebuild fixes the issue until I re-boot the server.  I'll look into what is corrupting the registry performance counters and will let everyone know what I find. 

Regards,