Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QV Management Service Not Running

Hello,

I thought my issue of the QV Management Service not starting was resolved using a cmd prompt command lodctr /R.  However, when I reboot the server the problem occurs again.  The user account I am using is a local admin and it is in the QlikView Administrator Group. Below are the event log messages of the error.  I'm not sure at this point what is causing this issue. 

Any information to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Source: .NET Runtime

Application: QVManagementService.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException

Stack:

at QMS.MainLoop.Run(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

Source: Application Error

Faulting application name: QVManagementService.exe, version: 11.20.12347.0, time stamp: 0x53480302

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.17206, time stamp: 0x50e669a2

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000000ac3d

Faulting process id: 0x3ec

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf7206f5ce9a09

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 3546d38d-ddfa-11e3-99ef-9cb6541307b5

11 Replies
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

All,

I resolved the issue by enabling disabled performance counters.  The link below details how to enable disabled counters using a utility.  The tech document includes a download link for the utility. This utility is part of the Windows 2000 resource kit.  This tool can be used on any operating system version from Windows 2000 to Windows server 2008 R2.

Thank you all for your input!  I hope this utility resolves your related issues.

Link:

Two-Minute Drill: Disabled performance counters and Exctrlst.exe - Ask the Performance Team - Site H...

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Ronnie,

I posted an updated resolution to the discussion that resolved my issue.  Please review.  Hope it helps you.