Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Personal Edition

Hi all,

I have QV personal edition but it is not letting me open files I have created myself with this edition. I've seen a few similar questions raised over the last few months but I haven't seen any definitive replies.

Anyone know what's going on?

Many thanks,

Tony

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Tony,

The presonal edition doest allow more than 3 files (either created by you or someothers) to open. You can still work with the QVWs provided in the Tutorial. If you want to continue then you need to buy a license from Qliktech for which you may contact them.

ANDY

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

When you install and create a new document for the first time in Personal Edition, it warns you that it's going to create a "hash" with your hardware and software, so your applications will only be available to open in your copy of Personal Edition. Even if you install QlikView in a different user session in the same computer, files created with each of the copies won't be available between them.

However, it allows you to change the license up to four times, what means that if you send to your colleague, who has a licensed copy of QlikView, your Personal Edition developed document, he will be able to open it. But if he sends the document to you, you will be warned that you are spending one of the four allowed license changes, after the fourth, QlikView will not open any documents.

In short: Personal Edition allows to develop, not to share. You cannot open documents developed by others (regardless they used another Personal Edition or a licensed one) or in different computers. Your documents can be opened in a licensed copy, though.

Hope that makes some sense.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies but I have an issue here.

Basically, I created a file in Personal Edition last Friday and today I can't open it. I just get the message saying the file was created by another user. It's very frustrating.

Could this be something to do with the fact that I am using a virtual desktop so I don't have a hard drive. Would this affect the way QV generates a "hash"?

Thanks,

Tony

suniljain
Master
Master

i think its beacuse of virtual desktop.I

Not applicable
Author

I'm facing the same problem or a similar problem. Last Friday I saved my file that I've been working on for a couple of weeks. And today when I tried to open it, QlikView PE wanted to make a recovery. Why? I have not shared the file with anybody else. And now when I create a new file and save it, close it and a few seconds later open it again, QlikView wants to make a recovery. What have happened?

/Marcus