cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvdatadude
Contributor II
Contributor II

QV Publisher Create .QVW files

When using QV Publisher to loop and reduce data based on a field, does Publisher actually create new physical .QVW files within the server's folder structure, or are these .QVW files only virtualized and available on the Access Point? I need to be able to have multiple .QVW files in the folder so I can run some custom scripts. 

If the publisher does create new files, how does it maintain updating and deleting the files if a value for the loop/reduce changes? For example, if I'm doing loop and reduce based on Region but the Americas value in the field is deleted, will Publisher delete the .QVW file for the Americas region on the next reload?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Good afternoon,

The answer to your question is that when  using Loop and Reduce data based on a field, publisher does actually create a new QVW file in the respective mounted folder, with the naming convention "QVWname_fieldname" as the file name. If a value is deleted in the field, QlikView will not automatically purge the pre-existing file, you will have to manually delete it from the mounted folder in which it resides in.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Good afternoon,

The answer to your question is that when  using Loop and Reduce data based on a field, publisher does actually create a new QVW file in the respective mounted folder, with the naming convention "QVWname_fieldname" as the file name. If a value is deleted in the field, QlikView will not automatically purge the pre-existing file, you will have to manually delete it from the mounted folder in which it resides in.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
qvdatadude
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Excellent, thanks for confirming!