Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server Scheduling question

Hello Friends

I have a qvw with the name Master QVD Generator which generates all my qvds. I have four other qvws that are scheduled to run run upon the successful completion of Master QVD Generator by pulling data from the qvds generated by the Master QVD Generator.

The server is scheduled to run every hourly.

However because huge volumes of data coming in the first refresh or the full refresh of the Master QVD Generator takes more than an hour.

So my question is

If my Master QVD Generator  is taking more than one hour to refresh and the first refresh is still going on when the second hour begins what happens then?

Does it corrupt the data or the qvw in anyway or it just waits for the current refresh to run and after its completion will run at the next available cycle?

Please note: The reload time for the other 4 qvws is fast because they load from the qvds created by the Master QVD Generator.

Also the Master QVD Generator Incremental reload is very fast ( within minutes).

It is just the first refresh of the Master QVD Generator when it creates data for the first time.

Thanks

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't know what will be happens but I think you should avoid these scenario. At first you should review the incremental load-logic then when the incremental load within a day is fast why couldn't be implemented an (better) incremental logic from day to day.

Further you could try to improve the loads and/or the content from the qvd through removing unused fields or splitting high-cardinality fields or similar. Helpful could be also the splitting from the master.qvw into several generators to parallelized the loads.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Agree with Marcus here, try to avoid this, but to answer the question no it shouldn't cause any corruption to occur, the trigger just won't be able to fire on that hour (as the job is still running) and is effectively skipped, with the next run happening an hour later (provided the job has finished this time)

hope that helps

Joe