Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV Server - do we need a PDF reader installed serverside?

Hi Guys,

For some reason my client strip all PDF readers from servers, is there a way to launch or via url have a pdf document download to client via access point, without having a PDF reader installed on the server?

regards

11 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Lakwinder,

Can you explain a bit more what exactly are you trying to do ?

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You would use something like nPrinting to handle PDF Creation of server based QlikView Apps/Objects into a PDF format for distribution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've created reports and I need to print them from accesspoint.  But we don't have a PDF reader installed on the server.  Is there a way where we can use the pdf reader on client side?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi Lakwinder,

You need to install printer PDF XChange on the server then pdf-prints within the access point using ajax-client will be rendered on the server.

Once it is installed, you'll be able to see it under Devices and Printers section of Windows Control Panel.

Check this out: Re: Qlikview PDF XChange 3

Regards,

Sakir

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Lakwinder,

I believe if you have have adobe installed in your local system , then you should be able to print also the laptop should be connected to printer.

There is no need to install pdf reader in server.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, do I do this as launch or URL?

In launch, do I use the adobe reader exe?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Client doesn't allow pdf readers on their servers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Where on the server do I say use the pdf reader on client side?  as we have Foxit reader installed on client machines on c:

Thanks