QV formatting background colour

This is my current set-up:

Straight Table

7 Expressions: Name, Title, Plant, Supervisor, Manager, Location, Date

Now, if an employee has date >1970  and I want to colour ‘Name’

I go into ‘Name -> Background Colour’ in Expressions

and in Definition type:

if([Date] >=’1970-01-01’,green()).

So, if any employee has a Date (>1970) their name will be coloured with a green background colour.

In order to highlight the entire row (green background colour),

Do I really need to individually edit each expression as above and copy/paste

if([Date] >=’1970-01-01’,green()).

Surely there must be a better way to copy the format across the entire row?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK this won't be possible after the creation of the expression unless with some macro-stuff. If you know that you would need such a formatting before you create all expressions you could include this formatting and then copy+paste the whole expression within the expression-list (mark one, right click, copy, choose a empty part on the bottom of this list-window and right click again and paste). After this you could overwrite the expression and the label with your further expression requirements and keep all layout-settings on them.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK this won't be possible after the creation of the expression unless with some macro-stuff. If you know that you would need such a formatting before you create all expressions you could include this formatting and then copy+paste the whole expression within the expression-list (mark one, right click, copy, choose a empty part on the bottom of this list-window and right click again and paste). After this you could overwrite the expression and the label with your further expression requirements and keep all layout-settings on them.

- Marcus

wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Marcus, I will try your suggestion.