Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV to Excel

Good Morning All,

I have created a global report in QV, it contains eight sheets inclusive of all objects like pivot table, bar chart, text etc.

My requirement is in the global report after selecting a particular customer, the report should go the excel with all the eight sheets.

Is it possible, can any one help me..

Regards

Joe

3 Replies
rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi , You can use this macro set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01") obj.ExportBiff "C:\test.xls" What u can do is create a new Tab which contains a consolidated report of all tabs whatever data is there in these tabs. Then put this report in report editor. and set this report as document report. In the Report editor you can use loop over customer field option in  Report settings---------->After this you will find selections tab at top.. And at the bottom you will find Banding Check box : Loop over possible values in the field. U can have this macro trigger action after post reload of the application. And then u can also use a macro to email this report to various customers to their email ID. For that also you will have to write macro  and finally u can combine above macro and this macro along with your mail server settings.(outlook,exchnageserver,lotus notes) Regards Raj,

Not applicable
Author

Dear Raj,

Thanks for your reply,

First do you have any sample application, if yes can you attach it.

Second there is no need to go for mail server, a person will send all the reports to the concerned customer.

Third is I don't understand setting all the objects into a single sheet and report editor, could you please clarify the above points.

Regrads

Joe

rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorry i cannot attach application as i am at client side.And network settings don't allow us to send any attachments. What i had done for one of our clients is they wanted customer wise reports to go to individual customers via email. This task had to be automated without any manual intervention.. Like a person generating a report and the emailing them. So i  created a custom tab which would automatically generate customer wise product detail reports once our reload was complete and send a notification tothe clients automatically via email . So the customer had to just download the report and if any discrepancies where there he would revert.