Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 BUG: Searching in multibox with asterics (*)

Hi,

In version 10, using the Multibox, we are not able to enforce partial search (**). In version 9, once you start typing a search clause, the search string would be automatically pad the keyword with two asterics, thus enabling searching not only from the beginning of the word but also at middle or at the end.In 10, If you have article made out several words, QV will only highlight the found items which only starts with that keyword.

Example worth a thousand words...

error loading image

Is there a way how to automatically add the padding asterics (**)?

Your help is greatly appeariciated.

Kind regards,

Dror

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Chances are your document has a default search mode of 'Normal' mode. In V9 this was the search with '*' at either end of the search string. in V10 'normal' mode becomes the more web based standard of searching without requiring wildcards. You can switch your document default search string to 'Wildcard' mode to revert to the V9 behavior

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Chances are your document has a default search mode of 'Normal' mode. In V9 this was the search with '*' at either end of the search string. in V10 'normal' mode becomes the more web based standard of searching without requiring wildcards. You can switch your document default search string to 'Wildcard' mode to revert to the V9 behavior

Not applicable
Author

Jhon hi,

Appreciate your fast respond. Unfortunately, the default search mode is set indeed to 'Use Wildcard search'. This behavior b.t.w applies only to the AJAX client. With the windows Desktop client it works as it should

Dror

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

i'd suggest reporting that to support if you are sure that the document on access point has the same settings

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

Using QV 10 sr2 this is still a problem. Changing the search setting mode in User Preference to Use Previous doesn't do any difference - it remains a Normal Search also after doing a Wildcard Search.

Is this a known bug in v10sr2?

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar problem - specifically with multiboxes that have calculated field. I set "Wildcard Search" as the default search mode for the document, which when searching the fields via the client will prefix and suffix the search with asterisks (ie I begin typing "adm" after clicking one of the fields and "*adm*" is populated on the screen). This behavior works as expected in the client, however is ignored when using AJAX plugin. I believe it has something to do with the browser not recognizing the MultiBox as "containing" listboxes.

I have created a ticket with QlikView suggesting it is a bug - I will update this thread with their findings.

Version: QV11

Not applicable
Author

I'm experiencing the same issues here (works in client but not in the AJAX web client. Has anyone found a solution to this bug?

Thanks