Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10 document editable locally, but read-only when opened in server

Just a while ago I was able to edit QV documents that were accessed via "Open in server", but now the documents are in some kind of "read-only" mode and an @-character is displayed next to the document title. I can't edit the script or change document settings either. I have a valid server license.

Currently I have to log in to the QV server using remote desktop and open the document locally (=without "Open in server") to modify it. I have tried this with a few different accounts (including Administrator) but the result is always the same; a document opened via "Open in server" is non-editable regardless of the logged-in user, selected document and machine.

How do I make the document editable again, when opening it via "Open in server"?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is not possible to edit document on server.  You apparently misunderstood something.
It is possible to create your own "server objects" - sheets and sheet objects.  You can share your objects so other users can see them.  But it does not change the QV documant itself.
No any settings allow access to the script.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is not possible to edit document on server.  You apparently misunderstood something.
It is possible to create your own "server objects" - sheets and sheet objects.  You can share your objects so other users can see them.  But it does not change the QV documant itself.
No any settings allow access to the script.

Not applicable
Author

Right after posting this question, I started to doubt if I ever was able to edit a document via "Open in server" .. My bad. Thanks for answering.