we are using True() and False() in scripting to create booleans.
According to the help text True() and False() create a dual but after upgrading to QV12, version 12.40.20000.0 April 2019 I only get -1 or 0 where previously (, that is in QV11, )True and False were shown.
The fields are used in a multibox.
If I add the field to a tablebox it also shows -1 and 0. Representation is set to Text.
Marcus, I tried that and it works. However, it doesn't make sense of course to dual a dual function. Moreover, this is used extensively throughout the qlikview so editing and maintaining this in case of a possible bug isn't the best way to go.
one of the statements used:
if(isnull(PlannedDate), null(), if(isnull(ActualDate), false(), true())) as IsDelivered
results in -1 or 0
Please review the attached png with results and basic settings.
Such change mustn't be so expensive as it at a first glance looked because it could be changed with the replace-feature triggered by CTRL + H. But of course you need to be carefully with it and only doing after ensuring that there are backups.
But before I think it would be sensible to check if there is really a bug or maybe a change in your load-logic or maybe an intentional processing-change in Qlik.
One very easy way would be to put true() within a textbox or a table and to look what happens. Another check would be to create a new qvw with a simple table and few records with true/false and true/false/null and dual(true/false) and dual(true/false/null) as columns and also storing them into a qvd. Then again checking the results within a textbox/table directly from the loaded table and then also dropping the table and loading the qvd once optimized and once non optimized (maybe enforced per where 1=1).
A further check could also be to look at the qvd's with a editor like notepad++. Is there any difference by a field if true/false are created implicitely/explicitely and also if the new ones differ to older ones (with QV 11 created) from you.
Michiel, you are running the Initial Release version of 12.40, can you pull the SR1 release and check it? If you still see the issue, leave a new post, and I can try to get R&D to have a look at things at that point, but I need to be sure the fix is not in SR1 first. The Release Notes are not leading me to believe it will work any differently, but if you can verify, that would be great, or if you can attach a sample app with the issue, I should be able to use that to test myself, just want to be sure I do not screw things up here.
To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question. I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.