Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVD Doubt

Hi ALl,

First i had extracted data from DB which is of 600 MB. When i store this in QVD the size of QVD is 200 MB. So for it is gud. But when i pull this QVD data into

my main application this 200MB data is again becoming 600MB. Then what is the use of the QVD? or am i missing something which is making 600 MB instead of 200 MB?

BR,

Avi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Qvd contains only data compressed, while document is data (not compressed) plus layout so dimension increase.

Qvd are used even because theyr loading is faster and data as you have seen is compresse.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Qvd contains only data compressed, while document is data (not compressed) plus layout so dimension increase.

Qvd are used even because theyr loading is faster and data as you have seen is compresse.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

its_anandrjs

Hi,

When we store data into the QVD it get compressed and stored and when access into any QVW again it comes to its original size. Thats why from accessing data from QVD is faster and also storing is faster in comparison to other source.

Regards

Anand

sakamsureshbabu
Creator
Creator

hi

When we store data into the QVD it get compressed and stored and when access into any QVW again it comes it original size. That why from accessing data from QVD is faster and also storing is faster.

Check this:

Re: Size of the Qvd

Data source size from QVD size

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

suresh, are you serious? You basically 100% c/p Anand Chouhan & Amit Saini reply. (Or was it the other way around?)

its_anandrjs

Hi Suresh,

Why you posted same reply that is copy exactly same. If you reply some thing more which is add on to the post and helpful to us and others but exactly the same.

Regards

Anand

sakamsureshbabu
Creator
Creator

martin

i am read Q and Ans and given usefully reply ok.