Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajendras
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVD Doudt

Hi,

In case we are using Other than QVD files as a source,Qlikview have as in memory capability (or) only we have QVD file need to create for inmemory  capability?

Pleas suggest.

Thanks,

Raj.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The main advantage with a QVD file is that you can load it faster than any other data type. In addition, it is a fairly compact format, so that the size of it on disk is reasonably small.

But, just as jontydkpi‌ points out, it does not affect the memory footprint of the app or the size of the qvw/qvf file. It will not reduce its size.

So, there is no need to convert an existing text file to qvd - unless you need to load it fast. And there is no need to create a qvd if you have a good database connection - unless you need to load the table fast.

HIC

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am not quite sure what you are asking, but the source file (QVD or other) makes no difference to the loaded QVW document which will always be in memory.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Your understand is correct, The only correction i am thinking is QVD get reduced some file size and memory which are stored in Inline storage. So, I would suggest you to use always QVD only

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
its_anandrjs

QVD will reduce your data upto 10% i believe, so it is best to use.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The main advantage with a QVD file is that you can load it faster than any other data type. In addition, it is a fairly compact format, so that the size of it on disk is reasonably small.

But, just as jontydkpi‌ points out, it does not affect the memory footprint of the app or the size of the qvw/qvf file. It will not reduce its size.

So, there is no need to convert an existing text file to qvd - unless you need to load it fast. And there is no need to create a qvd if you have a good database connection - unless you need to load the table fast.

HIC