Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVD with Password

Is There any posibility to put a kind of additional security to a QVD file.

It should be a great feauture to put a password in a QVD, so when i load it into my script, the wisard ask for the password.

With that, we could answer to the customers that always are asking about that.

FQ

5 Replies
arthur
Partner - Contributor III

I have this doubt too. Is there any way to make the qvd file secure so that not everybody with a qv developer licence can open it?

Thanks,

Arthur

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

I don't believe any such security exists. I have always used filesystem permissions to accomplish this; e.g. set up different folders with different access rights. -Isaiah

bullish35
Creator II
Creator II

We have implemented the same solution as Isaiah. If developers need access to the QVD for reloading any associated QVWs, perhaps you can even build a reference into the QVW script that manages the permissions or passwords necessary to access a restricted directory or file.

arthur

Isaiah and Ellen, thanks for your help. I am not sure if I understood how to do that. Do you have any example of such a script that manages permissions?

prieper
Master II
Master II

You may create a qvw with only the qvd loaded and apply access-restrictions. Loading the data would be via binary load and or saving the content in a secure place as qvd again for further digesting with other applications.

HTH
Peter