Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVPR in V10

Hi,

Does v10 still use QVPR > SourceDocument.xml to keep all the distribution QVW files?

Ever since upgraded to v10, this xml file stop updating, is it normal ?

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In fact, the whole QVPR is not being updated anymore.

Is this the way it should be? V10 doesn't use QVPR anymore?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

yes, v10 uses QVPR. If you are creating tasks with publisher and aren't seeing any changes on QVPR xml files, maybe the QVPR repsitory is configured to be stored in a MSSQL database.

Check it in the QEMC - System - Setup and click on Management Service, then click on the Repository tab and see whats on the first dropdown select.

Not applicable
Author

Hey thanks, i'm not using MS SQL.

since V9, we are using XML.

i checked my Remote Management Service, it's empty.

is that good or bad? something's wrong?

Not applicable
Author

I suppose you have the Management Service installed in the same machine. Then, I think you checked it wrong. It's not the Remote Management Services but the "Management Service" top node instead.

Anyway, if you are using XML repository, add new documents to any Source Folder, create a dummy task and check if some of the xml files of the repository changed. If not, maybe the Management Service was moved to another machine or the data folder for the Management Service is in another location.

Not applicable
Author

Bom dia Borja,

My bad, i just checked, "XML Repository" is selected.

Database: QVPR

If the setting is correct, the XML files under the following folder should be updated right?

or, the folder is no long used by v10?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

ah ha !

i just realised v10 use different folder.

in v10, it should be
'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\DistributionService';

No longer under the Publisher folder.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi @ all

is it possibel to change the location of the QVPR-folder?

I can install QV Server for example on drive e:\

but where can I change the qvpr-folder?

I've tried to change C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config with no results.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

what is  QVPR abbrevation tell me borja.