Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

QVW Access Denied issue

Hi,

I am having an issue with a qvw access. I am getting the following errors in the order of screenshots.

The problem in accessing the files is only in the working folder on my local desktop.But when I copy the same qvw and place it in a different folder, I am able to access it without any issue. Also, there are few more qvw's in the same folder and I have no problem in accessing the files. It is only this particular qvw I am having the problem with. There is no section access.

When I open the same file from same folder(from which I am having problem on local desktop) on server, there is no issue of access.

Untitled.png

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

Please advise

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Vindhya,

Based on the screenshots, the issue seems to be you are running QlikView Personal edition.  Personal Edition, allows you to access all the features of the desktop application and create, locally, as many QliKView apps as you want.

The key limitation with Personal Edition is that if you want to open a QlikView document created by another user, e.g. one from this forum, then you get 4 opportunities e.g. 4 different documents.  After the 4th go you won't be able to open any new external documents and you will receive the error as per your first image.

I expect the reason you can open other documents is most likely because you created (or saved) these documents yourself or they are the sample models that are included with the installation.

To overcome this issue you would need to purchase a QlikView Local Client licence.  I would recommend you contact Qlik for support around this.,

Hope this helps.

Rod

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rodjager
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Vindhya,

Based on the screenshots, the issue seems to be you are running QlikView Personal edition.  Personal Edition, allows you to access all the features of the desktop application and create, locally, as many QliKView apps as you want.

The key limitation with Personal Edition is that if you want to open a QlikView document created by another user, e.g. one from this forum, then you get 4 opportunities e.g. 4 different documents.  After the 4th go you won't be able to open any new external documents and you will receive the error as per your first image.

I expect the reason you can open other documents is most likely because you created (or saved) these documents yourself or they are the sample models that are included with the installation.

To overcome this issue you would need to purchase a QlikView Local Client licence.  I would recommend you contact Qlik for support around this.,

Hope this helps.

Rod