Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvia_assuncao
Creator
Creator

QVW deleted - with license assigned to it

HI All!

I think that I have deleted a qvw which had an license assinged to it, because I have one license missing and the file still seems to exist in the QMC, even though I do not have this file in my server file anymore.

What can I do to get the license back and to make this file to desapear from the qmc as well, as it does not exist anymore?

server,

qlikview_document.GIF

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
juan_patrick
Creator
Creator

Hi Silvia!

Create a new qvw with the same name (in the original folder), remove the license and remove the qvw from the qmc. After that you can delete the qvw.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
juan_patrick
Creator
Creator

Hi Silvia!

Create a new qvw with the same name (in the original folder), remove the license and remove the qvw from the qmc. After that you can delete the qvw.

silvia_assuncao
Creator
Creator
Author

Great Patricio!

Although I thought I had already done that, I had probably missed something.

Thanks a lot for saving the day!

lawrenceiow
Creator II
Creator II

I think this may depend on some of the other files associated with your main QVW. Previously I had tried creating a new QVW with the same name and it didn't work, I had to use the method I explained here: Re: Delete Ghost Documents and recover associated Document CALS

Just now though, the "new version with same name" method worked for me. This time I noticed that the Meta and Shared files were still there, it was only the main QVW that got deleted.