Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saranccet
Contributor
Contributor

QVW failed to load

Hi Qlik Team,

i have created new Qlik file but suddenly .qvw file not loading getting error " .qvw failed to load". i am using Qlik desktop application V12.20.20900.0..i have tried below steps:

1)Copied and renamed and try to open from qlik

2)From favorite right click and open without data .

3)i have reinstalled the Qlik application. still i am getting below error .

qlik1.PNG

Please team help me .

9 Replies
RogerG
Creator
Creator

2 thoughts

1 - Copy it to a local drive, might be some security permissions on one drive

2 - create a new file, save it to the same location as a different name and see if it opens

saranccet
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi  Roger ,

Thank for the replay .. i have tried both option .

1) Copy it to a local drive, might be some security permissions on one drive-- "also same issue "

2)create a new file, save it to the same location as a different name and see if it opens...--" tried with new file with different name .once if i close and reopen the file getting  same error".

please help me  because all my work in the qvw file ..

RogerG
Creator
Creator

do you have a  -prj in the application directory? if so, copy it to a new location, then delete the folder  in the application folder

saranccet
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Roger ,

No , i just created  .qvw file ..  even saved location no other file . can you please guide me any root location -prj folder

RogerG
Creator
Creator

Proj folder is in the same directory as the application, and has the same name as the application with a ".PRJ" extenstion.

Other then that, I am not sure whats going on

saranccet
Contributor
Contributor
Author

any other way to recovery my old qvw file .

RogerG
Creator
Creator

a few more questions, might help someone else pitch in.

1 - have you upgraded versions or made any changes, like going from server edition to personal edition

2 - have  you tried opening it on different machines

saranccet
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Roger ,

No i am using the personal edition (version 12.20.20900.0),not changed any version recently .

i am able to create the new file  in QV app ,but if i close the qlikview app once .I can not open back the qvw file. its not only particular qvw file.