cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james
Creator III
Creator III

QVW fails during load of another qvd?

Folks very odd scenario going on. We have a QVW that has run fine for over a month. Than 2 days ago, it failed when loading a QVD (which has always been there and nothing has changed) for a portion of the load.

If you take that part of the load script and add it to a new QVW, that QVD executes fine, no failure.

Than that night the QVW that experienced the failure ran smoothly. Than last night that same QVW failed, at the same exact spot, with the same QVD

Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this? [:|]

9 Replies
Not applicable

Have you tried reload exact QVW on a server manually? Is there any parallel loaded QVW in a publisher? Is there any parallel loaded QVW in a publisher which uses the same QVD?

Not applicable

Is is possible the QVD being loaded is locked by QV or another process?

What does the log file for that QVW say? If it's the ever helpful "General Script Error", it possible that the QVD is locked or corrupted. Not sure how or why or when a QVD gets locked, but one way to check is to go to Administrative tools > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folder > Open Files: Is the QVD in question listed there?

Just a thought.

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The QVD is only used for this QVW....

It is the "General Script Error"....

I ran this in our Testing Server, ran fine...

Ran by manual execution....Fine

I will check the lokcing under admin tools

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nothing is locked under Admin Tools

Not applicable

The only other thing that comes to mind is UNC paths... If you have multiple servers (Execution Service resources on separate servers), there can be a problem is you reference a local hard drive and Publisher runs the QVW on a different server.

suniljain
Master
Master

Can you post application here ?.

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We are using a NAS for the data, qvd genrators, qvw's etc. Every thing is pulling from the NAS yet this QVD is th eonly issue... Very odd

Not applicable

James,

forgive my ignorance, but what is "NAS"?

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Network Area Storage, just basically a stand alone storage with file systems