Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVW file is not opening

Hi experts,

Im sharing the screenshots of errors PFA ,

im not able to open the saved qvw file with my personal QV edition, before there was no problem using the file.

pls get me the solutions

thanks and regards,

AbdulRajak.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK9885
Master II
Master II

The root cause might be your 'Personal Edition' as it is not licensed. The use of .qvw will be limited, you cannot open .qvw files built in other machines and also the error you getting.

And if you do not want to loose your data model then you can use same .qvw file as Binary Load to get the data model but you'll have to build the dashboard from scratch. I'm not sure if it will take the corrupted .qvw file as binary load but it is worth a try.

The following link might help you understand more.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/101892

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Try to open the file without data

on the Recent files Pane; Rightclick on your QVW file and select open without data

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

hi,

thanks for the reply

there is no option like ''open without data.''

MK9885
Master II
Master II

The root cause might be your 'Personal Edition' as it is not licensed. The use of .qvw will be limited, you cannot open .qvw files built in other machines and also the error you getting.

And if you do not want to loose your data model then you can use same .qvw file as Binary Load to get the data model but you'll have to build the dashboard from scratch. I'm not sure if it will take the corrupted .qvw file as binary load but it is worth a try.

The following link might help you understand more.

https://community.qlik.com/thread/101892

Not applicable
Author

iam not opening other machine qvw files, i mentioned that the problem was not before, i used many times that file, but sudden it is not opening

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Your file is possibly corrupted, having a personal edition is not the issue

One Qlik at a Time: Back door access to your Qlikview report

Vineeth Pujari
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Using a personal edtion and trying to open a QVW created on a licensed machine does not give error message as "file contains inconsistencies"!

The file is corrupted , using a personal edition is not the problem here.

Vineeth Pujari
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Of course this error has nothing to do with Personal Edition, specially if the file was created in same app. But with the link which I provided it clearly state that it was due to the limitations of personal edition and was resolved only after getting a license.
Qlik Support people resolved the issue as mentioned in that link, if you do not want to get a license maybe try contacting them for this error?
Or
Do binary load for bringing 'Data Model' into new qvw file.

Xenia
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for advice. It works

atefal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! How did you make it work? What solution did you use? I have the same problem