Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVW file upload to Server

Good day,

I have developed dashboard (qvw) using Qlikview.

I have a QlikView Server installation and would like to move the QVW to the server so other folks can use it.

It is not clear to me from the documentation on how to do this.

Do I use the QlikView Management Console on the Server to facilitate this process?

When I look at the 'Document Tab' I see a number of qvws that came with the server that I can access thru my desktop.

How would I place a new QVW that I just created so it can be accessed?

On another note:

For some reason, I am having issues accessing older QVWs that I created on my desktop a while ago.

I receive a message that says: Your installation of QlikView has exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed for a Personal Edition License.

I have a full QlikView  license that is connected to the Server (opened in Server).

Thoughts?

Thank you

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

About hosting QlikView Application check link below.

how to deploy the qvw file in qlikview server

2. For the msg you are getting, it says that you are using the personal edition of qlikview which has limitation that you can not open application created by other users.

If you are assigned the NAME CAL license on server you can lease the license and then you will not see that msg.

http://qlikshare.com/qlikview-license-lease/

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you dont run Publisher you could drag and drop your QVW into the Documents folder for your server. This often is mapped to a shared folder that you have to have access to. Then you or your QlikView Administrator should define a schedule for RELOAD regularly of the document (QVW-file) you just uploaded through the QMC.

If you run Publisher you should copy or drag and drop your QVW into the Source folder for your Publisher. Then you or the QlikView Administrator should create a RELOAD and DISTRIBUTE task that will be scheduled on a trigger (most often a certain time once a day/week or month) that will do the actual reload.

To get your local installed QlikView Personal Editon to become licensed you have to do a "Open in Server" from the file menu and point to the QlikView server:   qvp://your-servers-hostname    and press enter...