Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Publisher - Distributing a Document

Hi guys,

im finally getting around to trying to use our publisher licence. i have 1 outstanding issue, in that the published app AND the source (parent) app are visible on the access point. its got to the point now that if i had any hair left i'd now be pulling it out!

my setup: 1 mounted folder

Apps and tasks:

3 layers prior to publish task

1. EXTRACTOR app - standard SQL select to QVD. this has a task that runs on schedule.
  2. ETL app - transforms the data from QVD and writes to new QVD. This has a task that runs on successful completion of extractor task.
  3. LOAD app - this is the finished, polished app that the user would see if i wasnt using publisher and distributing. Loads from ETL QVD. there are 2 tasks hanging off this app:
    1. load task - Only refreshes the data on successful completion  of the ETL task.
    2. distribute task - this task runs on successful completion of the load task. it renames the "app" to a completely new name under the REDUCE tab. Distributes the app to the mounted folder as specified under system tab, under the DISTRIBUTE tab in the task setup.

I thought that this would suffice. But when i run my tasks, i can see the LOAD app AND the newly named distributed app on the access point. Its almost like publisher is applying the section access to the LOAD app even though its distributing the app.

all 3 qvw's use section access - with the load app connecting to the section access table on the QMC to load up users.

losing the will! any help greatly appreciated!

0 Replies